Every Sunday at 10:00 A.M. in the Sanctuary Spirituality is by nature about relationships – our relationship to ourself, to God, to one another and the world. Sunday Gathering time is a time to lift up one another and renew our spirits through:
- Music Through singing we seek more to inspire and include everyone, than to entertain. Music is the language of the soul.
- Sacred readings and poetry Our story is rooted in the Christian Scriptures, and we most often look to them for guidance for our lives. We also include readings from other Wisdom traditions, and favorite poems as well as original writings from our community members.
- Silence Quieting the mind and the noise around us, is essential as we listen for the guidance of Spirit and bring some calmness and peace to our world.
- Prayers and Prayer Stations Each week we offer a chance to move around the room and interact with prayer stations that include candle lighting, a prayer request book, communion, anointing for healing and other themes related to our Gathering that day.
- Stories Storytelling is the way we share our lives and come to know and care for one another
- Spiritual teaching Our pastor and others offer reflections on spiritual practices and values and how they interact with current events. There’s often a time for discussion of the teaching to include other perspectives and greater growth opportunities.
- Coffee and Conversation The Gathering is always followed by a time of catching up with each other over coffee and food. We all live the most of our week in a complicated world that can challenge and erode our values and commitments. Our Sunday time clarifies and strengthens our spiritual values and sends us back out renewed and inspired. We hope all who are guests with us will go away lifted up and encouraged.
Livestreaming Worship We don’t have fancy cameras, but we do have Facebook Live.