Can’t make it to worship? Need something uplifting to listen to at work? Click on the title of the sermon to hear a teaching, recorded live on Sundays (sorry, coffee not included).
- 10/21/18, Politics and Faith: Whose Side Are You On? Are Democrats naive? Are Republicans jerks? No; Gary the Pharisee just wanted some decent hummus. Kinda.
- 10/28/18, Instructions on How to Love Your Enemies. We didn’t record just the audio for Dana’s sermon this week, but you can hear/ see it on Facebook Live (above link). You can also hear Lauren and Neil KILL “Love Throw a Line” by Patty Griffin right after that!
- 11/4/18, Faith and Polarity: Certainty in the Age of “Truthiness.” No podcast this week, but the video is clear. Plus, you can see La Colomba, a piece we focused on for a brief visio divina!
- 11/11/18, Speaking It By Faith: Prophets and Prophecy. The ancient prophets helped Israel interpret the crisis of exile. When someone who survived one mass shooting dies in another, how do we interpret the crisis our country seems to be in? Maybe what we’re seeing is not the death of our country; maybe it’s the death of a toxic ideal. Warning: this message is controversial. Contains mentions of racism and sexism… but also contains a whole lot of hope.
- 11/18/18, What Survives the Fire. Back from vacation, Pastor Dana reminds us that the point of spirituality is not to be permanently, but to know how to ride the waves of life with grace and centeredness.