This Sunday, December 1, during worship time–that is, 10am-12:30pm–and with the help of the Coalition of Artists and Creatives for Compassionate Communities, we’re holding an “Arts, Spirituality and Activism Mini-Retreat!” This will be jointly led by local artists and activists and Urban Sanctuary, giving us all a great opportunity to build relationships and connect with the divine through creativity.
The schedule for the retreat is as follows:
- Gathering Circle – with rhythm and drums (with the legendary PJ Hirabayashi!) we bring our voices together to call in the wisdom of our ancestors and to invite the Creative Spirit to open our imaginations
- Contemplative Guided Meditation
- Creative Workshops – a choice to go to one of the following workshops: Creative Writing, Stone Painting, Making Peace Cranes. All workshops will provide a chance to reflect, create and dialogue about around wisdom we can draw from to address the need to create more just and compassionate communities
- Sharing of Our Experiences after the workshops
- Closing with a Gratitude Circle and making an offering of our creations on a simple altar in the meditation garden
No RSVP needed. Don’t miss this opportunity to join the arts community in spiritual practice!